ER Physician for Harlan, Iowa (Locum)
Harlan, IA 51537 US
ER Physician for Harlan, Iowa
**Are you a dedicated MD/DO with a passion for emergency medicine? Join our dynamic team and make a meaningful impact in our community!**
**Position Type:** Part-Time (Guaranteed)
**Role:** Emergency Room Physician
**Annual Patient Volume:** 6,000
**Average Patients Per Shift:** 20-25 (24 hours) on weekends/holidays
**Second Coverage:** None
**Shift Options:** Flexible 12-24 hours
**Maximum Shift Length:** 36 hours
**Electronic Medical Records (EMR):** EPIC
**Quick EMR Access:** 14 days to receive a password from UIHC
**EMR Training:** 2 hours required for new users; 15-30 minutes for recent users
**Training Coordination:** Contact the ED Nurse Manager to schedule training (Preferred Mon-Fri)
**Online Training Modules:** Must be completed before in-person training
**ER Orientation:** Provided before the start of your first shift
**Personal Scrubs:** Scrubs are not provided; please bring your own
**Trauma Level:** IV
- **State License(s):** IA
- **DEA/CSR Required:** Yes, IA DEA and CSA
- **Covid/Flu Vaccination Requirements:**
- Covid: Required or complete exemption
- Flu: Required yearly
- Immunizations: Documentation or titers for MMR, HepB, Varicella, Tdap (within the past 12 months)
- **Board Certification:** Can be BE (working towards BC), MUST have experience
- **Accepted Medical Boards:** EM, FM, IM
- **Residents:** Not accepted
- **Life Certifications Needed:** ACLS, PALS, ATLS
- **ATLS Alternative:** CALS not applicable
- **Procedures Logs:** Needed for the past 12 months
- **Mandatory Reporter’s Training:** Child & Dependent Adult Abuse
- **IA Medicare Approval:** Required to schedule the first shift
**Pay Details:** Competitive hourly rate of $140 to $150 per hour, with a $3 Malpractice Fee
**Current Staffing/Needs:** Fourth and if a fifth weekend every month with two holidays a year
**Travel and Accommodations:**
- **Air Travel:** Not applicable - prefer local candidates
- **Nearby Airports:** Not applicable
- **Mileage:** Billable for 250-500 miles round trip only; prefer local candidates
- **Vehicle Fleet or Rental:** Not billable - prefer local provider
- **Lodging/Accommodations:** Call room provided if lodging is booked, capped at $60 a day
**CV Present and Interview Details:**
- **CV Required:** Yes
- **Interview Conducted By:** Administrative Manager
- **Interview Details:** To be confirmed
- **Temporary Credentials:** Rarely granted, as they require payers in place before work can begin; the process can take 4-8 weeks
**Healthcare System:** Independent
**Time-Sensitive Items:** None
**Credentialing Timeline:** 4-8 weeks
- **Continuous Credential Maintenance:** Must maintain life supports, licenses, etc. at all times; any lapses will result in privileges suspension until obtained (30-day grace period).
- **Admissions Process:** Admissions are discussed with on-call providers and include medication recommendations and general admit orders; simple order sets are available for use.
- **Admitting Privileges:** Wapiti practitioners have Co-Admitting privileges and must collaborate with active medical staff for admissions.
- **H&P Responsibility:** The Myrtue Medical Provider is responsible for the H&P.
Join our team and provide exceptional care in a supportive environment. Apply today and become part of our dedicated emergency medicine team!
Meet Your Recruiter
Lisa joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in February 2022. Prior to coming to Wapiti, Lisa spent over 21 years in Retail Pharmacy in multiple roles including Manager, CPhT and Compliance Officer. Some of her accolades include Diabetic Lifestyle Coach, Orthotic Shoe Fitter and ACHC Accreditation Specialist. Lisa was also the recipient of Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award by the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy.
Lisa is a mother of two adult children, Eric and Brooke, whom she is incredibly proud of. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY projects, drawing and painting, traveling both domestically and internationally, cooking, gardening and experiencing new adventures so she can continue to check things off her bucket list.