ER Physician for Fort Madison, Iowa (Locum)
Fort Madison, IA 52627 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a physician (MD or DO) for Emergency Department coverage in Fort Madison, located in southeast Iowa near the Illinois and Missouri borders.
PHYSICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Physician (MD or DO) for PRN locum tenens ER coverage
- 12 hour shifts; main need right now is night shifts (8p-8a), with some day shifts possible
- APP double coverage from 10a-10 p
- Annual volume: 17K annual ED volume
- EMR: Cerner/Meditech
- Typical timeline for credentialing 6-8 weeks.
- Iowa medical license and DEA/CSA
- EM Boarded
- Residents are not accepted at this facility at this time
- Required life support certifications include ATLS, ACLS, and PALS (waived for ABEM/AOBEM physicians); must be AHA approved course
- Mandatory Reporters Training of dependent adult & child abuse (MRT) required
- Covid/Flu vaccinations required; exemptions may be requested
ABOUT FORT MADISON, IOWA
The city of Fort Madison (population 11,000) is located along the Mississippi River in the southeast corner of Iowa. Fort Madison is situated between small bluffs and one of the widest portions of the river. It was established around the site of the historic Fort Madison (1808–1813), which was the first permanent U.S. military fortification on the Upper Mississippi. Fort Madison was the site of Black Hawk’s first battle against U.S. troops, the only real War of 1812 battle fought west of the Mississippi. It was also the location of the first U.S. military cemetery in the upper Midwest.
This historic community is home to 18 different National Park Historic Places. Offering epic festivals and parties, such as Riverfest & The Tri-State Rodeo, Fort Madison also hosts wine walks, scenic byways & artisans. Locals and visitors alike can enjoy local bands at establishments like Sidelines & Vinnie’s & they can stop to enjoy themselves at the Agritourism sites along Highway 2. Come eat, play & stay here in Fort Madison, the place where Iowa first began. Learn more at https://www.fortmadison-ia.com/203/History-of-Fort-Madison.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lisa joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in February 2022. Prior to coming to Wapiti, Lisa spent over 21 years in Retail Pharmacy in multiple roles including Manager, CPhT and Compliance Officer. Some of her accolades include Diabetic Lifestyle Coach, Orthotic Shoe Fitter and ACHC Accreditation Specialist. Lisa was also the recipient of Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award by the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy.
Lisa is a mother of two adult children, Eric and Brooke, whom she is incredibly proud of. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY projects, drawing and painting, traveling both domestically and internationally, cooking, gardening and experiencing new adventures so she can continue to check things off her bucket list.