ER Physician for Britt, IA (Locum)
Britt, IA 50423 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is hiring a physician (MD or DO) for locum tenens Emergency Department coverage in Britt, Iowa. Wapiti covers malpractice insurance, offers flexible scheduling, and provides travel assistance for locum assignments. Bring us your skills, experience, and passion. We’ll take care of the rest.
PHYSICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Physician (Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine) needed for locum tenens ER coverage. Some inpatient duties at nights along with taking calls from the nursing home. No second coverage.
- Shift options range from 12 to 60 hours
- Trauma Level 4; 25 IP beds
- Annual volume of Emergency Department is 3,500 (11/day); Inpatient volume averages 6 a day (between 9p-7a)
- EMR: Cerner; Dictation is Escribe and Powernote
- Ancillary Services include Lab, Radiology, Rehab, Respiratory Therapy
- Typical timeline to credential is 30-60 days upon receiving all information from candidate
- Iowa medical license and DEA/CSR
- Must be board certified in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Family Practice
- Second and third-year residents with experience will be considered
- Required life support certifications include ATLS, ACLS, and PALS. ATLS waived if ABEM certified.
- Covid and flu vaccinations required
- Proof of Tddap, Tetanus, Varicella required
ABOUT BRITT, IOWA
Britt is a city of just over 2,000 whose residents host tens of thousands of visitors per year. Cyclists coming through on RAGBRAI or tourists venturing to the annual National Hobo Days Convention are all treated to Britt’s unfailing hospitality and sense of fun. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound courtesy of three museums, a nine-hole golf course, a family aquatic center, well-maintained parks, and one of the best public libraries in the state. In addition, the city of Britt is proud to host the Hancock County Fair and the Britt Draft Horse Show each summer as well as a full season of racing at the Hancock County Speedway. Britt, Iowa is your small-town place to experience life in big ways. Learn more at https://brittiowa.com/welcome//
Meet Your Recruiter
Lisa joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in February 2022. Prior to coming to Wapiti, Lisa spent over 21 years in Retail Pharmacy in multiple roles including Manager, CPhT and Compliance Officer. Some of her accolades include Diabetic Lifestyle Coach, Orthotic Shoe Fitter and ACHC Accreditation Specialist. Lisa was also the recipient of Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award by the South Dakota Board of Pharmacy.
Lisa is a mother of two adult children, Eric and Brooke, whom she is incredibly proud of. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY projects, drawing and painting, traveling both domestically and internationally, cooking, gardening and experiencing new adventures so she can continue to check things off her bucket list.