ER Physician @ Ontonagon, MI (Locum)
Ontonagon, MI 49953 US
Wapiti covers malpractice insurance, offers flexible scheduling, and provides travel assistance for locum assignments. Bring us your skills, experience, and passion. We’ll take care of the rest.
PHYSICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Physician (MD or DO) for PRN locum tenens coverage in the ER with some hospitalist and nursing home coverage
- Shifts are 24 hours long with 5-10 days of blocks
- Trauma Level IV
- Annual volume: 2500 Annual Vol. 1-3 Inpatient Census
- EMR is Epic
- Typical timeline to credential is 60 days
- Michigan medical license
- Must be board certified or eligible; facility does Not accept American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS) specialty boards
- Medical residents are not accepted at this time
- Required life supports include ATLS (waived if ABEM boarded), ACLS, and PALS; Board eligible physicians must have current life supports until boarded.
Ontonagon has a population of 1,500 and sits on the shores of Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. In Michigan's Upper Peninsula, nature shows off with towering cliffs overlooking Great Lakes, with sand beaches and forests for as far as you can see. Even the tales are tall, and campfire stories still share legends of super-sized logger Paul Bunyan and his blue ox, or of Hiawatha canoeing the region's “root beer” falls. There are Northern Lights (if not the brightest stars you can remember seeing) in its skies and three Great Lakes bordering its land. Pack your bags and hit the Upper Peninsula (or U.P.) for a variety of activities. Learn more at https://www.michigan.org/article/trip-idea/scenic-places-upper-peninsula-road-trip.
Meet Your Recruiter
Addie Whelan joined Wapiti Medical Staffing as a Recruiter in August 2022.
Addie enjoys spending time with her boyfriend and two dogs as well as doing activities such as riding her motorcycle, working out, and anything to do with water.