Clinic/IP APP for Hot Springs, SD (Perm)
Hot Springs, SD 57747 US
Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a nurse practitioner or physician assistant for Hot Springs SD
APP Order Description:
- Type: Perm – willing to consider Locum to perm
- Position: APP - 2 provider needed
- Role: Clinic: IP and Clinic - 4 days in clinic with one administrative day ( future would move to 3 days in clinic and 1 day of Hospitalist call – 24 hours and every 5th or 6th weekend for the 63 hours of the weekend) – post call day off.
- Annual volume: Clinic: 10-15 per day IP: 5-6 a day average but do have a few days per month that could get up to 10 pts. 10 patients is cap. ( 3 acute, 5-7 swing beds)- Providers may be able to see their own and start clinic day at 9 instead of 8. Hospitalist is for admissions or discharges and surplus rounds. Currently using an external hospitalist and this would go away as the provider team is built.
- Any second coverage: Physician backup, Avera E-Care for hospitalist services available, also have E Emergency and E pharmacy. Emergency department is contracted out and the hospitalist would do the admit – no tuck in orders.
- Shift options: 8-5 in clinic- call one 24 hour per week and one weekend out of 6 for hospitalist.
State License(s) accepted: SD
DEA/CSR required: SD DEA
Covid/Flu Vaccination Requirements: Preferred but exemptions available BC/BE: BC,
Boards are accepted: yes
New grads Open to if have significant nursing experience.
Life Certifications: BLS, ACLS – rare ped admission so no PALS, EMR: EPIC Trauma level: Level 4
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.