Cardiothoracic Surgeon NP - Mishawaka, IN (Locum)
Mishawaka, IN 46545 US
Provider will be added to an existing pool of providers. Sporadic coverage is needed and site can work around availability offered.
- OR only (1st assist) - Call for OR only no office with OR, call back if needed
- Average Number of Patients Per Day: 10 outpatient; 5-8 inpatient
- Vein harvesting required
- Documentation System/EMR: EPIC
- Will not accept new grad; preference for experienced NP with CTS knowledge/skills including office, bedside and OR.
- Assist in Surgery, Write Prescriptions, Rounding, Order Tests, Pre-Op Physical Exams, Suture Removal, Vein Harvesting
- Typical day involves rounding in the hospital followed by time in the OR.
- Assesses patient health status including state of wellness, compliance with care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures (within the scope of the NP/PA license and/or certification).
- Provides acute and chronic patient care including, but not limited to performing histories, physical examinations, inpatient and outpatient consultations, completing discharge summaries, monitoring therapies, and medications. Care includes chest tube removal, pacing wire removal, Cardiac Rehab, nutritional needs and wound care (suture and staple removal, debridement, etc.). Complete all documentation related to the above care.
- Interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in consultation with the Cardiovascular Surgeon.
- Participate in multidisciplinary communication of treatment plans with cardiovascular surgeons, referring physicians, nursing staff, respiratory staff, cardiac rehab staff and families.
- Surgical duties will include, but are not limited to, vein/artery harvesting using the Maquet system along with 1st Assist duties.
- Responds to emergencies including use of CPR and ACLS protocols.
- Documents patient information and care provided in patient record to include progress notes and formulating care plans.
*Please Note: Trinity Health does not reimburse for any application or credentialing fees.
- PA and NP
- Local candidates (i.e. within driving distance, no flights, etc.) - Highly Preferred
- IN license at the time of submission - Required
- NCCPA certification - Required (PA Only)
- ANNP certification - Required (NP Only)
- Experience in Maquet Vein Harvesting - Required
- Must have proof of COVID-19 vaccine - Required
- NP Requirements (in addition to the above)
- Must be able to do first assist - Required
- Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana. Saint Joseph Health System is a Regional Ministry Organization of Trinity Health that provides compassionate, faith-based care paired with the latest in advanced medical technology and procedures.
- In addition to acute-based hospital care, we are proud to provide a wide range of community-based and post-acute services including: community wellness, physical rehabilitation, home care, physician clinics, outpatient services, independent and assisted senior living, memory care and affordable senior apartments.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 2 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.