Anesthesiologist in Sioux City, IA (Perm)
Sioux City, IA 51101 US
MercyOne Siouxland is looking for TWO Perm Anesthesiologists to join their team starting in December 2023! The right candidates will join a team of experienced anesthesiologists and CRNA's.
• Cardiac experience is preferred
• Reason for Coverage: Retirement
• Practice Setting: Hospital based. Surgical services department.
• Trauma Level/Designation: level 2
• Average Number of Surgical Cases Per Day: 13
• Will Physician be required to supervise CRNAs? Yes. The CRNAs are very experienced. They work together with the Anesthesiologists.
• Number of Anesthesiologists in Practice: 5 when fully staffed (seeking 2 full-time due to retirement)
• Patient Age Demographic: Mostly adult/geriatric. No complicated adolescent or child procedures.
• Number of Operating Rooms: 12
• Annual ER Volume: 25k +/-
• Procedures Required: General Surgical Cases - adult, General Surgical Cases - pediatric, Minor Nerve Blocks, IV Regional anesthesia, Plexus anesthesia, Open Heart Anesthesia, Thoracic Cases (Except Open Heart), Complex Vascular Cases (Except Open Heart), Complex Orthopedic Cases, Spinal Anesthesia, Epidural Anesthesia, Regional Anesthesia, Neurosurgical Cases, Ventilation Management, Local Infiltration, Acute Pain Management Procedures, Insertion of Central Line, Arterial line, and PA Catheter
• Evaluation and Management of Acute Volume / BP Issues required
• Schedule: How to staff M-F:
- 1 MDA is on vacation every week (except 2 weeks per year)
- 1 MDA is post call everyday
- 1 MDA is on call everyday (1st Call- they go home once all the cases finish and only come back in if a case adds or called for a central line)
- 1 MDA is 2nd call everyday (2nd Call- late stay, tends to be back up if a non-cardiac MDA is 1st call)
- 1 MDA is a day shift only
• Schedule: How to staff Sat/Sun:
- 1 MDA is 1st Call Saturday and is then 2nd Call Sunday
- 1 MDA is 2nd Call Saturday and is then 1st Call Sunday
- Other 3 MDAs have the weekend off
• Call Ratio: 1 in 5
• EMR: Cerner PowerChart
• Estimated Credentialing Timeframe: 60 days +/-
• Accepting Locums candidates - submit to Job #43600
Compensation and Benefits:
• Base salary $450k +
• $100k sign-on bonus
• Health, dental, and vision
• Retirement match
• Deferred compensation option
• Professional development allowance
• 8 weeks of paid time off
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED AT NAME CLEAR UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE.
• Board Certified in Anesthesiology - REQUIRED
• Active IA License - HIGHLY PREFERRED
• Cardiac experience - PREFERRED
• Note experience with the following procedures: General Surgical Cases - adult, General Surgical Cases - pediatric, Minor Nerve Blocks, IV Regional anesthesia, Plexus anesthesia, Open Heart Anesthesia, Thoracic Cases (Except Open Heart), Complex Vascular Cases (Except Open Heart), Complex Orthopedic Cases, Spinal Anesthesia, Epidural Anesthesia, Regional Anesthesia, Neurosurgical Cases, Ventilation Management, Local Infiltration, Acute Pain Management Procedures, Insertion of Central Line, Arterial line, and PA Catheter - REQUIRED
By submitting your applicant to this need you are acknowledging that you have checked and have no inclination that your candidate has applied directly to this position. Any candidate that has applied directly is not eligible to be onboarded through an agency.
**Trinity Health does not reimburse for credentialing fees**
• Board Certified
State License Requirements
Additional License Requirements
• Note experience with required procedures
About the Facility
About MercyOne Siouxland:
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is part of MercyOne Health Network, an integrated system of member hospitals in Iowa and other health and patient care facilities united into one operating organization to improve the delivery of healthcare services to the people of Iowa and surrounding communities.
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is a 238-bed regional center that provides residents in a 33-county tri-state region in western Iowa, eastern Nebraska and southeastern South Dakota an entire continuum of preventive, primary, acute and tertiary healthcare services. MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is home to the only Level II trauma center in western Iowa - one of only four trauma care facilities in the state to receive verification from the American College of Surgeons - and MercyOne AIR MED, a regional helicopter ambulance service.
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center has earned more national recognitions for quality patient outcomes than any other hospital in the region, including multiple honors for leadership and excellence in clinical areas such as cardiac care, orthopedic services, vascular surgery, stroke care and cancer care.
In addition to the main hospital in Sioux City, we also operate rural hospitals in Hawarden and Primghar, Iowa, and Oakland and Pender, Nebraska, as well as a primary care clinic network, specialty care clinics and home health services. We partner with other community health providers to sponsor a regional cancer center, paramedic services, a free-standing surgery center, hospice services, and a variety of other health services.
MercyOne Siouxland is a partner with Dunes Surgical Hospital, a multi-specialty surgical hospital, in Dakota Dunes, South Dakota. MercyOne Siouxland owns MercyOne Primghar Medical Center in Primghar, Iowa, and MercyOne Oakland Medical Center in Oakland, Neb. Managed hospitals include Hawarden Regional Healthcare in Hawarden, Iowa, and Pender Community Hospital in Pender, Neb.
For more information on Mercy Medical Center - Sioux City, visit our website https://www.mercyone.org/.
MercyOne provides personalized health care to communities throughout Iowa and the surrounding states. System-wide, MercyOne proudly offers 40+ hospitals and 230+ clinics and employs 20,000+ health-focused team members who are committed to the communities we serve.
Living the traditions, visions and values of the Sisters of Mercy, MercyOne Siouxland today is a part of Trinity Health of Livonia, Mich., the second-largest Catholic healthcare system in the United States.
About the Community:
Sioux City, Iowa, is a family friendly community of approximately 120,000 residents located in the center of America's heartland, at the junction of the States of Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Sioux City is a vibrant, mid-sized city, with an unmatched low cost of living and is an excellent place to raise a family. Sioux City is known for its excellent school system with a graduation rate between 95% and 100% and very high ACT scores. Higher education is further marked with two 4-year universities in the area and a nationally recognized university and medical school within 30 minutes. The area has countless outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, boating, tennis, aquatic center and swimming pools, 56 public parks, 11 golf courses including an Arnold Palmer designed golf course and country club, soccer and baseball fields. Sioux City is just one hour away from larger cities such as Omaha, Nebraska, and Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
For more information on Sioux City, Iowa, please visit https://www.sioux-city.org.