Anesthesiologist for Grand Rapids, MI (Perm)
Grand Rapids, MI 49503 US
Mercy Health St. Mary's is looking for 2 full time Anesthesiologists to join their team!
- Level 2 Trauma Center
- 50 cases on average per day
- 10-15 cases per physician (combo supervising and doing on own)
- Acute pain only. We perform all peripheral nerve blocks, catheters, spinal and epidural. Would entertain an anesthesiologist with pain experience and willing to champion a pain service.
- No anesthesia residents, but we do sponsor a SCRNA with MSU and Oakland University
- No Open Hearts (maybe future) or Sick Kids at MHSM
- We do a fair amount of vascular cases, mostly endovascular (with an occasional open procedure), and perform anesthesia care for a handful of weekly thoracic cases
- Complex vascular and neurosurgery, thoracic
- Medical Supervision/Direction (combo) over CRNAs
- 90% Medical Direction or Supervision
- Regional block team
- OB team
- MHSM, Lacks, SW (coming summer/fall 2021),
- 20 ORs – everything 16 main- 4 lacks (currently lacks closed until onboard new providers)
- Do not travel to other hospitals- all services one campus
- Would like them to live in our community
- Per day 22ish CRNAs, 5 Physicians on at one time
- # of Physicians - 7 (5 full time, 3 part time)
- # of CRNAs - 45
- Board Certified within 5 years of completion of residency Required
- MI license Required
- DEA license Required
- ACLS Required
- BLS Required
Mercy Health Saint Mary's is a Joint Commission-accredited teaching hospital that encompasses The Lacks Cancer Center, the area’s only dedicated cancer hospital, the Hauenstein Neuroscience Center, housing the area’s most comprehensive neuroscience program and state-of-the-art Emergency and Trauma services, an Orthopedic Center of Excellence, the Wege Center for Health and Learning and the area's premier primary care network - Mercy Health Physician Partners.
Mercy Health Saint Mary’s is a member of Trinity Health, the country’s second-largest Catholic health care system.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 2 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.