Anesthesiologist (Cardiac) - Mason City, IA (Perm)
Mason City, IA 50401 US
- M-W-F: 6:30 am-3:00 pm
- T-Th: 7:00 am-3:30 pm - will stay later if help is needed in non-cardiac cases or the cardiac case is not finished.
- Growing hospital cardiac surgery program
- Trauma Level II
- Practice Setting: Hospital based. On rare occasions may need to oversee CRNAs at the ASC if no cardiac cases are scheduled and a physician is needed at the ASC location.
- Documentation System/EMR: Cerner - moving to EPIC, some paper
- Average Number of Surgical Cases Per Day: Cardiac surgeries 1/day, but not every day; 5-7 general cases/day. Must help cover general if no cardiac cases.
- Number of Anesthesiologists in Practice: 6
- Patient Age Demographic: Adolescent, Child, Adult, Geriatric. Very sick children are sent to other hospitals better staffed/equipped for children.
- Number of Operating Rooms: 8 in use at one time
- Cannot accept visa candidates
- Will not sponsor J1 candidates
- Estimated Credentialing Timeframe: 8 - 12 weeks
Compensation and Benefits:
- The total package is $575,000 (salary + benefits).
- Premium paid health insurance
- Short- term and long-term disability
- Professional liability
- $2500 medical allowance
- 8 weeks vacation (including time for CME)
- $10,000 education allowance
- profit sharing
- A sign-on bonus of $50,000 with three-year commitment
- Up to $100,000 education loan repayment
- Moving allowance of $10,000
*Please Note: Trinity Health does not reimburse for any application or credentialing fees.
- Board Certified - PREFERRED, will also consider Board Eligible
- Active Iowa license - HIGHLY PREFERRED, will consider providers needing state license, IMLC accepted
- TEE Certified (must be able to read, interpret, and bill TEE procedures - NOT just the placement of the probe) - REQUIRED
- Iowa CSR - REQUIRED
- DEA - REQUIRED
- Cardiac Fellowship - PREFERRED (extensive experience would be acceptable if TEE certified)
- BLS, ACLS, PALS - REQUIRED
- COVID vaccinated - REQUIRED (note at time of name clear)
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- TEE Certified, IMLC Accepted, IA CSR Required
ABOUT THE FACILITY About MercyOne North Iowa:
- At MercyOne, helping you live your best life is our one purpose. We provide comprehensive services dedicated to caring for you through all of life's stages. At MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, you'll find providers, nurses and staff skilled in almost every medical specialty imaginable, providing nothing less than the most sophisticated level of care when you need it.
- MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center is a faith-based, full-service community health system serving residents in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota. We offer ambulatory care through our MercyOne Family Medicine Clinics (a primary care and specialty physician network), home health agency, hospice, regional referral laboratory, regional rehabilitation and diagnostic technology services, pharmacies, an emergency services network and a variety of other health care services.
- We are proud to offer the latest in health and medical services with a caring, compassionate and personal touch with numerous specialty services including cancer center, heart center, vascular and wound center, neurosurgery, behavioral health and more.
- MercyOne North Iowa is the largest provider of health care services in our region, and we are proudly the largest employer in Cerro Gordo County. Our hospital is a private, not-for-profit health care center, licensed for 346 beds, which serves more than 400,000 inpatients and outpatients each year. In addition, MercyOne North Iowa is a teaching institution. We conduct a Family Medicine Residency, Internal Medicine Residency, Cardiology Fellowship, Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency and a School of Radiologic Technology. MercyOne North Iowa is a clinical training site for approximately 500 students from 127 different colleges enrolled in programs for medical laboratory, nursing, paramedic, rehabilitation, medical assistants, pastoral services, physicians and many other medical fields.
- MercyOne North Iowa holds management agreements with seven rural primary care hospitals, making us the premier rural health care delivery network in northern Iowa and southern Minnesota.
- Rich in history and heavy on charm, the north Iowa area offers big city excitement blended with small town hospitality. Some of the most diverse amenities and economic environments in the Midwest can be found here.
- The region serves as the commercial, industrial, retail, recreation and employment hub. The area benefits from a strong economy, built on a foundation of homegrown businesses and large international firms. Residents in the area adore the small-town atmosphere – affordable housing and caring neighborhoods – without sacrificing important assets.
- There’s no other place but here… Mason City offers award-winning attractions, fabulous shopping, a progressive educational system and top-tier quality of life. Mason City is conveniently located only two hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul. The communities located within the area offer diverse, beautiful places to visit paired with engaging historical and cultural experiences. Home to last hotel designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, and the Rock Crest/Rock Glenn neighborhood, people from all around the world visit North Iowa for the blocks of unique architectural design.
- Embark on the adventure of a lifetime in north Iowa. Whether you’re looking for thrill or relaxation, this area has it all. Spend the day on the lake with a short commute to Clear Lake, or enjoy the diverse, one-of-a-kind eateries. Commute times are short, prices are reasonable, and the people are friendly and welcoming.
Meet Your Recruiter
Savannah joined Wapiti in July 2022 and currently works as a recruiter out of our Huron office.
Savannah and her wife moved from San Diego, CA to Huron, SD in October of 2021. Although it’s been a huge change, she’s learning to love the small-town living. When she isn’t working, Savannah loves adventuring to new parts of the state. Her hobbies include playing piano, reading a great book, and spoiling her sphynx senseless.