Perm - Physician - Neuroradiologist - Diagnostic Lansing, MI
Lansing, MI 48910 US
Advanced Radiology Services is looking for 2 Diagnostic Neuroradiologists to join their team! Work
remotely or at one of our sites in Michigan (Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo or Lansing or possibly other locations
depending on preference).
• We provide services to more than 60 different sites across the state of Michigan. ARS is the exclusive radiology provider to West Michigans largest Level I trauma center and research hospital, Corewell Health. American College of Radiology has designated Corewell a Diagnostic Center for Excellence.
• Brain, head, neck, and spine imaging with a full-complement of advanced neuroimaging
• Time split between shifts focused on Neuro ED/Inpatient and Neuro outpatient examinations
• >90% neuro CT/MR with a small volume of X-Rays
• Participation in neuroradiology multi-disciplinary conferences including Neurovascular, Epilepsy, Head and Neck Tumor Board, Spine Surgery, and Neuro-Oncology conferences.
• Occasional remote supervision of radiology residents rotating on Neuroradiology service.
• wRVU expectations of 72 for 8:00 am- 5:00 pm shifts
• Schedule: Flexible! Primarily days (other schedules may also be available). We are seeking experienced candidates to work primarily during daytime hours of 8:00 am-5:00 pm OR 7:00 am-3:00 pm (eastern time zone). The schedule will include occasional time flexible outpatient shifts, occasional Neuro ER/Inpatient shifts (10:00 am-6:00 pm OR 11:00 am-7:00 pm), and a rare Neuro ER/Inpatient evening shift. Our standard schedule positions work 39 weeks and 11 weekends and have 13 weeks vacation.
• Although we are based in Michigan, we have a well-established teleradiology practice. We had remote physicians prior to COVID and currently have physicians working in 14 states. We utilize Intelerad PACS, PowerScribe 360 and Clario; we have outstanding IT infrastructure and 24/7 help desk support. Our remote radiologists are encouraged to participate in virtual section, committee and board meetings and their input is essential to our practice decisions. You will have outstanding colleagues working virtually by your side with a very strong Neuroradiology section. Work station to be provided if working remotely.
• Credentialing Timeframe: approximately 60 days
• As a reminder - McLaren Greater Lansing is NOT the client. Advanced Radiology Services is the client and will provide services for McLaren!
• Not accepting new graduates - must be experienced
• Accepting Locums providers - submit to Job 43763
Compensation and Benefits:
• Base salary approximately $300,000 + opportunities for increased compensation by picking up additional shifts on a month-to -month basis + potential for additional productivity incentives and a group bonus. Total possible compensation range of $400K-$600K/year.
• Relocation assistance up to $10K
• Our physicians pay nothing for medical/dental/vision coverage and enjoy an $18,000 medical reimbursement account annually.
• We contribute the maximum amount allowed to the 401K plan ($66,000 in 2023).
• We offer 13 weeks of vacation for our standard track positions.
• We are continually striving to improve the work/life balance for our physicians.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED AT NAME CLEAR UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE.
• Board Certified by American Board of Radiology or American Osteopathic Board of Radiology - REQUIRED
• Completed Fellowship in Neuroradiology - REQUIRED
• Certificates of Added Qualification (CAQ) or CAQ-eligible in Neuroradiology - REQUIRED
• MI license in hand - REQUIRED
• United States-trained - REQUIRED
• Clean malpractice/background - HIGHLY PREFERRED
• Include a brief summary of provider's skills (upload document OR add to Additional Submission Requirements field) - REQUIRED
By submitting your applicant to this need you are acknowledging that you have checked and have no inclination that your candidate has applied directly to this position. Any candidate that has applied directly is not eligible to be onboarded through an agency.
• Board Certified
State License Requirements
Additional License Requirements
• Fellowship-trained, Certificates of Added Qualification (CAQ) or CAQ-eligible in Neuroradiology, US-trained, Skills list
About the Facility
About Advanced Radiology Services:
Advanced Radiology Services is one of the largest 100% physician-owned and managed practices in the country. Our team includes 215 radiologists, 44 advanced practice providers, and more than 200 employees providing administrative support in our wholly owned subsidiary STARS. We are committed to remaining independent and providing the highest level of care to our patients. We value diversity on our team and promote a culture of inclusion.
We provide services to more than 60 different sites across the state of Michigan. ARS is the exclusive radiology provider to West Michigans largest Level I trauma center and research hospital, Corewell Health. American College of Radiology has designated Corewell a Diagnostic Center for Excellence.
Why is our practice unique? ARS offers the combination of private practice with an academic focus. In affiliation with Michigan State University College of Medicine, our physicians have opportunities to teach and mentor medical students and pursue research if desired. Due to the size and breadth of the healthcare systems we support, diagnostic volume and variety of clinical exposure is unrivaled. Oh, and one more thing our compensation, benefits and time off are excellent. We are continually striving to improve the work/life balance for our physicians.
About the Community:
Greater Lansing is known as Michigans Festival Capital because the region boasts over 50 unique festivals and events throughout the year. In spring, the streets are full of art, music and food from around the world. Summertime means music, and the festivals here deliver it nearly every weekend, including genres for all tastes. When autumn blows in, the Capital Region is still buzzing with fun festivals and events you wont want to miss. Agricultural heritage also comes to life in autumn with apples, pumpkins, hayrides, bonfires and more. Festivals dont stop when the snow flies! Visit for Silver Bells in the City and welcome in the holiday season.
There are also plenty of permanent local attractions that truly shine throughout the year. Classic American automotive heritage is alive and well in Lansing, as the home of the R.E. Olds Transportation Museum. A tour of the State Historical Museum and a walk on the nearly 20-kilometer downtown river trail are sure to feed your senses, especially when you top it off with a great lunch at the newly renovated City Market.
East Lansing is also home to Michigan State University. Whether you catch a collegiate game or visit one of the local pubs, youll feel the energy and excitement you can only find on a Big Ten campus. Visitors will also find arts and culture on campus at the Wharton Center for Performing Arts and the Eli & Edythe Broad Art Museum designed by world-renowned architect Zaha Hadid.
No visit to Greater Lansing would be complete without some time spent on that great American pastime - shopping! The area boasts three large malls: the Lansing Mall, the Meridian Mall and the Eastwood Towne Center. Greater Lansing is also a hub for unique shopping opportunities at out-of-the-way boutiques and shops. Find that perfect something special in Old Town Lansing or at the large antique district in the neighboring community of Mason.
After exploring the many attractions and numerous shopping opportunities, you will have certainly worked up an appetite. Youre in the right place! Greater Lansing is full of awesome eateries and dynamic dining. From unique spots offering craft beer and wine, to fine dining, farm-to-table or ethnic foods from around the world, everything to suit your tastes is at your fingertips.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.