Pediatric Hospitalist in Florence, SC (Perm)
Florence, SC 29506 US
Are you looking for a great career move? Join an amazing group near Myrtle Beach! Pediatrix is seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Hospitalist to join our outstanding group at McLeod Regional Medical Center in Florence, SC.
- McLeod Regional Medical Center is a 461-bed facility, providing a vast array of specialized services in heart and vascular, cancer, surgery, orthopedics, women’s and children’s and many others.
- The group sees a wide variety of clinical conditions and offers pediatric subspecialty support along with our affiliated group of neonatologists and pediatric intensivists.
- Admissions and management of patients on the pediatric floor
- Provide coverage to the 20-bed pediatric floor
- Education of residents while on the pediatric floor
- Call will be shared with another hospitalist creating a satisfying work/life balance
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary range based on experience and training (to be discussed at interview).
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Board Eligible (within 5 years of residency) or Board Certified in Pediatrics - REQUIRED
- Board Eligible (within 5 years of residency) or Board Certified in Pediatric Hospital Medicine - PREFERRED
- SC License (or willing to obtain) - REQUIRED
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS - REQUIRED
- Board Certified
- Board Eligible
- South Carolina
About McLeod Regional Medical Center:
For more than 115 years, McLeod Regional Medical Center has consistently delivered compassionate, leading-edge health care to the people of Northeastern South Carolina and Southeastern North Carolina. From nationally recognized quality and safety programs to new healing environments for Intensive Care and Cancer patients, McLeod Health and its family of 7 hospitals continue to achieve new levels of medical excellence.
The 517-bed McLeod Regional Medical Center anchors our system providing a vast array of specialized services in Heart and Vascular, Cancer, Surgery, Orthopedics, Women’s and Children’s and many others.
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
About the Community:
Florence, South Carolina is known as "A City of Character" and is a city brimming with history, character and southern charm. The weather allows for a higher quality of life for residents by providing the opportunity for outdoor recreation year-round. Lovers of the outdoors appreciate the many scenic parks, golf courses, lakes, rivers and creeks in this region. Opportunities for academic excellence thrive in Florence. There are numerous elementary and secondary schools, both private and public, which provide quality educational opportunities. Residents enjoy some of the lowest property taxes in South Carolina and appreciate the gracious lifestyle and affordable housing options located throughout town. With a low cost of living, rich history, abundant natural beauty, strong economy, fantastic weather and friendly people, Florence is truly a great place to live.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordyn Zwanziger joined Wapiti Medical in September 2022 as a Recruiter. She has a background in working with families in the Child Protection Services Division.
Jordyn is married and has 3 children and enjoys reading, cross stitching, and quilting in her spare time.